EGLISE SANT MARTI DE MONTBRAM
This hamlet, inhabited since Neolithic times and attached to the municipality of Sorède since December 18, 1822, by order of the King of France, will see the spelling of its name modified in the XNUMXth century, La Vall becoming Lavail and the rural works of the era replaced by essentially tourist activities.
The 371th century chapel, built before that of St André, is dedicated to St Martin, Bishop of Tours in XNUMX. This Romanesque building, with a single nave with small openings, is characterized by great sobriety and rusticity. We note the absence of frescoes, a Trinitarian campanile and the carved stone portal as well as the presence of religious elements steeped in history and carriers.
The church can only be visited as part of the summer discovery tours, organized by the PASTOR association and the Tourist Office, as well as during the "European Heritage Days" in September.
|Opening hours from January 01 to December 31, 2022|